University of Maryland College Republican Club records
The University of Maryland College Republican Club, originally known as the Young Republican Club, was founded in 1948 to assist in the presidential campaign of Thomas E. Dewey. The group solidified its organization through participation in the 1956 Presidential election and has in subsequent years been particularly active during major political campaigns. Until 1971, the Club's focus was off-campus, but with the passage of the 26th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution, on-campus recruitment and campaigning became an important component of the group's activities. The records of the club include correspondence, constitutions, and news clippings and primarily document its interaction with national committees and inter-club dissension.
Important Information for Users of the Collection
This collection is open for research.
University of Maryland College Republican Club records, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
This collection is PROCESSED.A full finding aid is available.