College of Agriculture records
The teaching of agriculture at the University of Maryland began with the opening of the Maryland Agricultural College in 1859. The establishment of the Maryland Agricultural Experiment Station at the college almost thirty years later, in 1888, enhanced the focus on agriculture. The College Park campus of the University of Maryland, created by the Maryland General Assembly in 1920, was originally divided into thirteen educational units, including the College of Agriculture. The college underwent many name changes during its history and is now known as the College of Agricultural and Natural Resources. The records of the college primarily document the tenure of Gordon M. Cairns as dean and consist of correspondence, reports, committee information, appointment books, budget files, financial ledger books, and photographs.
Important Information for Users of the Collection
Yes, some files in this collection are restricted. Please contact the Archives and Manuscripts Department for more information.
College of Agriculture records, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1903.1/1647
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
This collection is PROCESSED.A full finding aid is available.