Records of University of Maryland University College
University College was established in 1947 as the College of Special and Continuation Studies to administer the overseas and statewide off-campus evening courses of the University of Maryland system. Its name was changed in 1959 to University College and subsequently it became a separate campus of the university in 1970 under the name University of Maryland University College. The collection consists of correspondence, administrative files, accreditation commissions, conference records, tests, statistics and sundry materials relating to the establishment and maintenance of university courses overseas, primarily in Europe and the Far East; these records are open for research. Significant correspondents represented in the files include Harry Clifton Byrd, Adolph Zucker, Edgar Long, Joseph Ray, Stanley Drazek, and Jamie Taylor. Student and faculty files are also included in the record group but are open only on an individual basis to specified university staff.
Important Information for Users of the Collection
Only the first series of this collection is open for research.
Records of University of Maryland University College, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1903.1/1648
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
This collection is PROCESSED.A full finding aid is available.