Records of Campus Mediation Services
Interested faculty, staff, and graduate students founded Campus Mediation Services (CMS) during the fall 1979 semester in response to a perceived increase in tensions at the University of Maryland, College Park. Until CMS ceased operations in 1986, the organization's volunteer mediators helped students, faculty, staff and College Park residents reach mutually satisfactory agreements to resolve interpersonal disputes. The records of Campus Mediation Services cover the period from 1978 to 1987, with the bulk of the records dating from 1982 to 1986. Document types represented in the collection include correspondence, funding proposals, conference schedules and a speech, brochures, a survey report, newspaper clippings and other reading materials, a handbook, and sample forms. Subjects represented in the collection are the discipline of conflict resolution, fundraising, staff development, campus program development, community relations, mediation procedures, and actual disputes brought to CMS for resolution.
Important Information for Users of the Collection
Yes. One folder restricted due to client confidentiality.
Records of Campus Mediation Services, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1903.1/1629
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
This collection is PROCESSED.A full finding aid is available.