The University of Maryland Alumni Association was first formed in 1893 to support and promote the university in its pursuits of excellence in teaching, research and public service and to foster a spirit of loyalty, involvement and life-long commitment to the university by its alumni. The association has had various names throughout its history, depending on how alumni relations were organized throughout the University System of Maryland, including the Alumni Association International and the College Park Alumni Association. Related records may also be found under the Office of Alumni Programs. These records contain ledgers recording names of members and payment of dues and invitation fees, meeting minutes, and miscellaneous correspondence. The constitution and bylaws are included. There are also recent membership forms, memorabilia and photographs, including some of the members of the Class of 1958 at their fiftieth reunion. Inventories and descriptions of holdings are available upon request.
Important Information for Users of the Collection
This collection is open for research.
Alumni Association, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
This collection is currently UNPROCESSED. This abstract may represent one of many unprocessed accessions in this collection. Please contact the Curator of University of Maryland for more information.