Department of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
The Department of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC), under the Office of Facilities Management was "responsible for the design and construction of capital projects for the University of Maryland College Park and eight other University System of Maryland institutions. AEC also manages capital equipment for College Park capital projects." AEC was divided into three units: Project Management, Design/Construction Quality Assurance, and Support Services. These records contain documentation and specifications from numerous campus projects, including the Center for Performing Arts (now known as the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center), the President's House, the Neutral Buoyancy Facility, asbestos contracts, and handicapped accessibility. There are also photographs of campus buildings and construction projects, including extensive documentation of Cole Field House, as well as plans and drawings. The department is now known as the Department of Capital Projects. Preliminary inventories are available for all accessions.
Important Information for Users of the Collection
This collection is open for research.
Department of Architecture, Engineering, and Construction, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1903.1/10364
This collection is currently UNPROCESSED. This abstract may represent one of many unprocessed accessions in this collection. Please contact the Curator of University of Maryland for more information.