The Footlight Club at the University of Maryland was formally established in 1927 to attract students interested in drama and theater. The club represents a reorganization of the Mask and Bauble Club, organized in the spring of 1926. Footlight put on multiple shows each school year, presenting a mix of comedy and drama. In the 1940s, the club renamed itself University Theatre. This collection consists of one photograph of the group during their winter 1935-1936 comedic production of Paul Osborn's "Oliver, Oliver."
Important Information for Users of the Collection
This collection is open for research.
Footlight Club, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.
Photocopies of original materials may be provided for a fee and at the discretion of the curator. Please see our Duplication of Materials policy for more information. Queries regarding publication rights and copyright status of materials within this collection should be directed to the appropriate curator.
This collection is currently UNPROCESSED. This abstract may represent one of many unprocessed accessions in this collection. Please contact the Curator of University of Maryland for more information.