The University of Maryland's student newspaper, originally known as The Triangle, was established in 1910. The paper underwent several name changes, including The M.A.C. Weekly, Maryland State Review, and University Review, before being renamed The Diamondback in 1921. This collection consists of over 18,000 photographs taken for the Diamondback newspaper, spanning from the 1960s through 2000s. The photographs document every aspect of campus life at Maryland -- faculty, staff, students, buildings and grounds, academics, athletics, performing arts, special events -- as well as the city of College Park and other topics of local or national interest.
Important Information for Users of the Collection
This collection is open for research.
Diamondback, Special Collections, University of Maryland Libraries.Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1903.1/25001
This collection is currently UNPROCESSED. This abstract may represent one of many unprocessed accessions in this collection. Please contact the Curator of University of Maryland for more information.