University of Maryland Libraries Digital Collections

Old Block House, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, circa 1902-1907

1902-1907PrintcolorJump to full detailsRequest from Special Collections

Adobe Flash is required to view this image

umd:80808
umd:80809

Alternate title:Pittsburgh, the Old Block House
Summary:Old Block House, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, circa 1902-1907. Caption reads: "The Old Block House was erected in 1764, on the site of the burned Fort Duquesne and is the only remaining structure in Pittsburgh of Colonial days. It is built of brick and sands on Fort Street, near the 'Point'. It is now in the possession of and preserved by the 'Daughters of the American Revolution.'" Postcard number: 5012.
Provider:Raphael Tuck & Sons
Chautauqua Photo Co.
Century:1901-2000
Printing place:Europe
Kingdom of the Netherlands
Holland
Place of origin – Continent:North America
Place of origin – Country:United States of America
Temporal subject: 1901-1910
Geographical subject – Continent:North America
Geographical subject – Country:United States of America
Geographical subject – Region:Pennsylvania
Geographical subject – Settlement:Pittsburgh
Topical subjects:Forts & fortifications
Genre:Postcards
ArchivesUM location:National Trust Library Postcard Collection
Repository:National Trust for Historic Preservation Library Collection
Browse terms:Architecture, Landscape, Historic Places
Copyright holder:Public Domain
Collection:National Trust Library Historic Postcard Collection
Collection may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the University of Maryland Libraries at http://www.lib.umd.edu/NTL/queries.html.