University of Maryland Libraries Digital Collections

Parlor, the Mary Surratt House, Clinton, Maryland, circa 1973-1990

1973-1990PrintcolorJump to full detailsRequest from Special Collections


Alternate title:The parlor
Summary:Parlor, the Mary Surratt House, Clinton, Maryland, circa 1973-1990. Caption reads: "The parlor, the Mary Surratt house (1852), 9110 Brandywine Road, Clinton, Maryland. Pictured here is the parlor where Mary Surratt entertained visitors to her home. The Mary Surratt House is owned and operated by the Maryland - National Capital Park and Planning Commission and is open for tours on a regular basis. For information call (301) 868-1121." Postcard number: 149662.
Creator:Peck, Gerry
Provider:Peck, Gerry
Place of origin – Continent:North America
Place of origin – Country:United States of America
Place of origin – Region:District of Columbia
Place of origin – Settlement:Washington
Temporal subject: 1971-1980
Geographical subject – Continent:North America
Geographical subject – Country:United States of America
Geographical subject – Region:Maryland
Geographical subject – Settlement:Clinton
Topical subjects:Parlors
Surratt, Mary E. (Mary Eugenia), 1820-1865
Lodging houses
Surratt House & Tavern
ArchivesUM location:Institute of American Deltiology postcard collection
Repository:National Trust for Historic Preservation Library Collection
Browse terms:Architecture, Landscape, Historic Places
Collection:National Trust Library Historic Postcard Collection
Collection may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the University of Maryland Libraries at